- Evening gown in black moiré taffeta with luxurious ostrich feather, off-shoulder neckline.
- Seaming details at bust and torso create a precision fit.
- Princess seamed, no-waistband silhouette with eight-gore, full-circle skirt.
- Fully lined in satin.
- Dress is shown without any crinoline, but will fit the fullest one you can find.
- Metal back zip with top hook&eye.
- From the 1950s. Some colleagues suspected this was a very early 80s dress made to mimic the look of the 50s. Closer inspection indicates it's probably not.
Labels: Vogue Paris Original - home sewn with care by someone with skill and experience. From the 1950s, Vogue produced a series of high-end, complex sewing patterns for skilled home sewers, based on the original muslins of the day's top designers. these costly patterns came with a label, which the sewer picked up at the sales counter and could attach to their finished garment.
Fiber/Care: unmarked, acetate taffeta and genuine ostrich feathers, dry-clean only
Condition: there's color shift in the fabric at the bust (hidden by the feathers, see photos). we've restitched a few sections of lining that had come away from the dress.
*This evening dress has been steam cleaned is ready to wear.*
dress is clipped at model's waist,
model is 5'7.5" tall in her 2" heels
width straight across feather neckline: 21"/53cm
bust: 33"/84cm + seams
(fits model's 35.5" circumference bust)
ribs (beneath bust): 29.5"/75cm
waist to hem: 41.5"/105.5cm
center front to hem: 48"/122cm
hem sweep: full circle
(BDV SKU: 00483-001)
Note to International Customers: Your country may charge you taxes or import fees, which are the buyer's responsibility. Please do not ask us to falsify customs forms.