Beautifully made baroque or Colonial era reenactment costume. Not historically accurate, but perfectly charming.
- Soft, smooth cotton in multi colored tiny floral on cream.
- Lined in solid cream cotton at the bodice.
- Era-appropriate details include angled sleeve ruffles ("engageantes") layered with lace and trimmed with satin bows, and two small, soft hip pads acting as "panniers" (side hoops). See interior photos.
- Closes at back with white glass buttons.
- It does not have the low neckline of some colonial-era costumes and is suitable for those who prefer to dress modestly.
- Sewn in the U.S.A., with quality fabrics, trims, and notions, carefully constructed and finished.
Labels: The Carousel
Fiber/Care: no tags, cotton / washable
Condition: no flaws to note.
*This 18th century costume is clean and ready to wear.*
- Dress will fit and look best over 18th century stays, which provide the correct silhouette (a colonial-era corset is not meant to nip the waist and create an hourglass figure, but to reshape the torso into the "flattened cone" shape that was trendy at the time). It's perfectly wearable with modern undergarments. -
shoulders (wide set): 16"/40.5cm
bust (note there are no darts): 36"/91.5cm
length from shoulder to hem: 48"/122cm
Notes: This is a modern, high-quality, hand-made costume. It's neither vintage nor antique. International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.