From the 1930s, a black lace gown with attached chiffon capelet.
- Capelet forms flutter sleeves over sleeveless dress
- Nude lining beneath upper bodice
- Chiffon fabric repeats along flounced, handkerchief hem
- Full underdress/lining
- No closures of any kind (you must be able to slip it over your head)
Fiber/Care: no tags, feels like cotton lace, silk chiffon, rayon and silk lining / dry-clean
Condition: Price reflects lots of little repairs to the lace and hem edge, none obvious. There may be tiny holes remaining (close with black thread). Rough areas along hem. Some tiny holes in chiffon (see photo). Repair and slight discoloration to upper bodice (only noticeable under photo lights). Reasonably strong dress is wearable. Just treat her gently, and never twist to reach into the back seat (ask me how I know, lol).
*We've had this 1930s dress professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
- Remember, there are no openings so you must be able to slip it over your head. Your own measurements should be smaller than those of the garment. Measurements are of the non-stretchy underdress/lining. -
waist: 38"/96.5cm (measured 16" below shoulder)
hips: 42"/106.5cm (measured 8" below waist)
length: about 54"/137cm (will be shorter with a body in it)
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.