From the 1950s, an elegantly simple, sleeveless sheath dress in jet black cotton velvet.
- Wiggle silhouette has ballet neckline, nipped waist, and slightly pegged skirt to showcase your figure without being too revealing.
- Plunging V-back with metal zipper and hook&eye closure.
- Darts and pleats in all the right places for a perfect fit.
- Unlined except at the upper bodice.
- Union made in the U.S.A.
Labels: Elinor Porter, 1955-'63 ILGWU
Condition: slight wear to velvet at a few edges, as shown in photo. the rayon hem tape is a bit frayed. the hem was let down about an inch at some time in the past (leaving no excess). presents beautifully with no obvious flaws.
*This 50s "wiggle dress" is clean and ready to wear.
- there's little stretch to speak of, so check your body measurements, or those of a similar garment that fits you well, and refer to the FITTING ROOM for assistance or click the link at the bottom of the listing to contact us for help -
bodice length: 15.5"/39cm
hips at 9" below waist: 39"h/99cm
total length: 41.5"/105.5cm (no hem allowance)
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~