From the 1950s, a creamy white cocktail dress that could stand in beautifully as a less-formal wedding (or Maid of Honor), graduation, father-daughter dance, coming out/debutante, or other special occasion dress.
- Elegant details include a ballet neckline, kimono-cut sleeves, princess bodice seams, lower V-back neckline, and delicate waistline piping.
- Lovely lace applique at bodice.
- Fully lined, with hem tape and pinked seams, and lingerie snap stays to keep your bra straps from showing.
- Closes at back with metal zipper and hooks and eyes at top and waist.
- Union made in the U.S.A.
Labels: only a 1955-1963 ILGWU label remains
Fiber/Care: no content tag, feels like a crisp silk or rayon blend / dry-clean
Condition: A few tiny spots, as shown. They do not detract from the overall look of the dress, which presents beautifully, and they are inconspicuous in normal lighting. Underarms are clean, showing no signs of wear. The price has been adjusted accordingly, taking its minor flaws and small size into account.
*We've had this dress professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear."
approximate shoulders (no seam): 14"/35.5cm
sleeve length as measured underneath: 5"/12.5cm
bust: 32" + 2" more from seams to 34"/86.25cm
hips (8" below waist): 39"/99cm
total length: 40"/101.5cm + 2"/5cm hem
- This dress is quite small, and only fits Cecelia the Dress Form. Her measurements in inches are b: 33.5, ribs: 27.5, waist: 23, hip: 34.5. Your bust, ribs, and waist will need to be the same or smaller for the dress to fit you. -