Vintage 1960s flower-power mini dress.
- Soft, semi-sheer fabric in browns and taupes has a subtle window-pane texture.
- Fortuny-pleated cuffs with dark brown blanket stitched edges.
- Mod shift silhouette with bust darts for shape.
- Decorative tie at wide scoop neckline.
- Lined except at sleeves.
- Pinked seams. Nylon Talon back zip with top hook&eye.
- Union made in the U.S.A.
This dress has "met" former First Lady of Georgia, Sandra Deal, when she led a tour of the Governor's Mansion, which was built around the same time this dress was manufactured.
Don't you love how the geometric pattern is matched at the back seam?
Labels: Cassee Juniors (in use 1963-1985), and 1963-'74 ILGWU tag
Fiber/Care: unmarked, feels like a cotton organdy or perhaps gauze with rayon lining and nylon cuffs / washable (hang to dry)
Condition: No flaws to note. The oddly clownish ruffled collar that matched the cuffs has been removed.
*This dress is freshly cleaned and ready to wear.*
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: Significant shipping overages (where applicable) will be refunded. International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~