Richly elegant gown of velvet and metallic brocade from the 1960s.
- lush black velvet empire bodice with V-neckline
- long sleeves with snaps at wrists for a snug fit
- slightly full straight skirt in sparkling metallic Jacobean brocade of gold and copper
- fully lined in black crepe
- metal back zipper
- attached velvet belt with permanent bow at front, closes at back
- beautifully made with high-quality fabrics and fine dress-maker details including (of course) Hong Kong seams
- made in Hong Kong
Labels: Kent Originals
Fiber/Care: no tags, blend of natural and synthetic fibers / dry-clean
Condition: there's a small smudgy bit at the back of the right arm, as shown. there's faint deodorant residue in the interior underarms.
*We've had this evening dress professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
bust: best up to 34"/81.25-86.25
bodice length: 13"/33cm to ribbon
empire waist: 28/71cm
skirt length: 44"/111.5cm
hem sweep: 72"/183cm
nape to hem: 55.5"/141cm
(The dress is slightly tight on me in the bodice and arms or I'd be keeping it. It's splendid. I measure b: 35.5", underbust: 31.5" and I have fat arms. If you're slightly smaller, with normal or slim arms, it will fit you fine.)
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: Significant shipping overages (where applicable) will be refunded. International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~