Classic pin-up style swim and play suit from the 1950s or early 1960s.
- Navy plaid cotton with crisp white trim at sweetheart neckline and boy shorts.
- Button straps can be worn straight back or crossed.
- Bodice is boned and has a built-in, unpadded bra.
- Ruching at sides for a custom and comfortable fit.
- This bathing costume and sunsuit is fully lined.
- Union made in the U.S.A.
Labels: Robby Len Fashions and 1955-'63 ILGWU tag
Fiber/Care: 95% cotton/5% other fibers, acetate lining, washable (hang to dry)
Condition: we stitched up a hole in the double-layer crotch lining (it was there when we purchased the suit, and did not affect wear at all, but we thought you'd like it repaired so we did)
*This suit is freshly laundered and ready to wear.*
- labeled a vintage size 12/34, but sizing has changed so please go by the measurements provided. the elasticized ruching provides give above the waist -
top of strap to waist (over bust): 17.5"/
(note that you could move the buttons to lengthen or shorten as needed)
top of cup to waist (over bust): 10.5"/26.5cm
leg opening diameter: 11"/28cm
center front bodice to crotch seam: 22.5"/57cm
For reference, live model is 5'5.75" tall and measures b: 35.5" (32D), w: 26.5", hip: 35.5" and normally wears a modern size 2/4. If your measurements are slightly smaller or similar, it should work fine for you. A 32D is about the same as a 34C or 36B.
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.