Pure Hollywood glamour from the 1940s, simply elegant and beautifully tailored.
- Jet black rayon crepe with a nice bit of stretch.
- Short sleeves have seaming on top, helping give it that film noir, movie star shoulder.
- Bodice has figure-flattering ruching, which pulls the neckline into a prototypical sweetheart shape.
- On the interior, a band of satin covers the handiwork.
- Straight, flowing skirt with center front slit. Metal side zip.
Fiber/Care: unmarked, rayon crepe, dry-clean
Condition: close to perfect. there's a chevron-shaped lighter area at the low back (oddly enough, it is very flattering, and it only shows up under bright lights). we found one little pull at the side, near the zip. the snap tape for the shoulder pads is in place, but the pads are gone. we should all be in this good shape when we're 70 years old!
*This dress has been professional dry-cleaned and is ready to wear.*
shoulders: 15" (38cm)
bust: 32" (81cm) plus room from all the ruching
sleeves: 9" (22.5cm)
waist: 26" (66cm)
hips: 38" (96.5cm)
length: 57" (144.5cm) from nape to hem
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.