Vintage 1950s kelly green and cream halter sundress with polka dot circle skirt and matching bolero jacket.
- Linen bodice and jacket are unlined and cool, but constructed so well you may not even need a bra -- our model is not wearing one.
- Side boning keeps everything in place.
- Halter strap, sweetheart neckline and princess seams flatter your figure.
- Skirt has a soft, solid cream underlayer and a crisp, polka-dotted organdy over skirt with horse hair trim to give it shape. Note that the skirt is flat across the front for a slim silhouette.
- Closes with a metal back zip and top hook& eye.
- Soft, unlined jacket has a pointed collar and faux pocket flaps. No closure.
This set is not only beautiful and nicely made, it's extremely comfortable. We show the dress with a crinoline (not included) on the model and without on Cecelia the Dress Form.
Labels: Jeannette Alexander of California
(read about the designer, here, at the Vintage Fashion Guild)
Fiber/Care: unmarked, we believe it's linen (possibly rayon) and cotton organdy (possibly silk or a blend)
Condition: a few spots here and there, as shown. none detracts from the overall beauty of this dress and jacket.
*We've had this sundress and bolero set professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
bodice: 9.5"/24cm center front to waist
bust: 32"/81.25cm + seams (to fit 35.5"/90cm max)
halter strap: shy 1"/2.5cm wide x 21"/53cm
skirt length: 30"/76cm
hem sweep: almost a full circle
BOLERO JACKET -
For reference, model is 5'5", measures b: 35.5 (32D), w: 26.5 and usually wears a U.S. modern size 2/4. Dress is not clipped to her, but is clipped to fit skinny Cecelia.
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 20 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Note: Significant overages in shipping fees (where applicable) will be refunded. International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~