Early 1960s dress and sweater set in a medium aqua blue.
- Unlined dress has banded neckline, princess seams, bust darts, gusseted short kimono-cut sleeves.
- Self-fabric belt cinches the no-seam waist.
- Dress closes at back with a nylon Talon zipper and top hook&eye.
- Long-sleeve, swing-style cardigan sweater is knit from a slightly fuzzy, ultra-soft wool yarn that is almost certainly cashmere, and lined (except in the sleeves) with silk chiffon.
- Cardigan is trimmed at neck, open placket, and ribbed hem with the dress material. Closes with a single, hidden hook&eye at the neck.
From my personal collection. True color was difficult to capture, but is best described as a bright, medium, turquoise blue. Ever so slightly aqua. A very pretty color.
Labels: Marjorie Montgomery (designer), Leon Frohsin (high-end Atlanta boutique)
Marjorie Montgomery was a Hollywood actress turned fashion designer.
Leon Frohsin (1899-1973) sold women's designer clothing from his upscale Atlanta location on Peachtree Street from the 1930s through the 60s. The son of German Jewish immigrants, Frohsin was the maternal great-uncle of journalist and TV host Katie Couric.
Fiber/Care: unmarked, dress is either linen or rayon (most likely a blend), cardigan is cashmere with silk lining, dry-clean
Condition: overall gentle wear, but no flaws to note
*We've had this dress and cardigan sweater set professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
bust: 35"/89cm plus darts
waist: 30"/76cm (cinch with belt)
CARDIGAN - worn open, measured with front edges touching
BELT - 1"/2.5cm x 69"/175.25cm
For reference, this outfit fits me nicely and I measure b: 35.5" (32D), w: 26.5", h: 37.5". If you have similar dimensions, it should work for you, too.
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: Significant shipping overages (where applicable) will be refunded. International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.