From the 1950s, a splendid party dress in alternating "stripes" of delicately textured white fabric and soft net lace.
- Sleeveless, princess-seamed bodice has bust darts and crossover detail at tops of shoulders.
- Almost-a-full-circle skirt has a built-in net petticoat (we show it with an additional extra-full crinoline, not included).
- Cinches with its original, matching belt.
- Lined at bodice.
- Closes at the side with a metal zipper.
- From my personal collection.
Labels: none - if it's home sewn, it was a great deal of work!
Fiber/Care: no tags, textured fabric is a cotton-blend organdy with a tiny bit of sheen, the lace is a cotton/nylon blend, dry-cleaning recommended
Condition: there's a small spot on the side of the belt, as shown. the zipper is a bit ornery, but fully functional. I bought this several years ago to wear to renew my vows, but our plans changed.
*We've had this party dress professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
- seam allowance in the bodice, all the way to the waist, would allow for at least a 3" increase at any point. see detail shot in last photo compilation -
bust: 36"/91.5cm plus a bit more from the darts (could be up to 39")
For reference, the dress fits me well, and I measure b: 35.5" (32D), w: 26.5". It is clipped to better fit Delphine in the photos. She measures b: 32", w: 24" and is quite tall.
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 20 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Note to International Customers: Significant overages in shipping fees (where applicable) will be refunded. You are responsible for any taxes or import fees.