1950s cupcake party dress in a delicate, peachy pink chiffon. Nipped waist is defined with ruched self-cummerbund in watermelon pink.
- Squared scoop neckline
- Bust darts and flattering above-waist gathers
- Very short sleeves
- Skirt ends in embroidered scallop detail near hem
- Underlayero pink netting for poof, plus full acetate lining
- Pinked seams
- Metal "double Talon" back zip with top hook&eye
- Feels light and airy
The dress is nicely full on its own. We show it with and without an additional crinoline, not included.
Labels: none, but we suspect it was store bought
Fiber/Care: unmarked, synthetic chiffon, nylon netting, acetate lining, washable
Condition: good, but there are glitches (see next-to-last photo), namely a few smudges and a diffuse stain near the hem. a few pinholes in the lining and a scattering in the outer skirt. the bow, which originally snapped on at the back, has a burn. we'll include it so you can use the fabric (there's plenty) to create a new bow, other embellishment, or accessory (something for your hair, perhaps?). the price has been adjusted accordingly.
*This dress is freshly laundered (after the photo shoot) and ready to wear.*
bodice (to waist seam): 15.5"/39cm
ribs (top of sash): 29"/73.5cm
shoulder to hem: 44"/111.5cm
- dress is not clipped to Cecelia the dress form, who measures b: 33.5, ribs: 27.5, waist 23, and there's room to spare. we regret we do not know the measurements of the live dancer/model -
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 20 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.