Cocktail dress in black lace over a nude lining, from the 1950s or early 1960s.
- Delicate, soft black lace.
- Unlined at upper bodice, high neckline, and long sleeves which end in a single button and loop.
- Bust darts and princess seams.
- Body lined in nude crepe.
- Closes at back with long metal zipper, plus hook&eye and three snaps at collar
- Nicely finished with Hong Kong and French seams.
Labels: none, probably home sewn
Fiber/Care: no tags, feels like a cotton blend lace with silk or rayon crepe lining / dry-cleaning recommended
Condition: we found only two very small and invisible mends to the lace, and a few tiny spots on the lining that may lift with another cleaning
*This vintage dress is clean and ready to wear.*
Garment Measurements (please see note, below):
bust: 34"/86.25cm + darts
length: 39"/99cm + 3"/7.5cm hem allowance
Dress is clipped in photos to fit Delphine, and has at least 5" of seam allowance (2.5" at either side, at the very least) along the side seams to allow for considerable adjustment.
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.