From the 1970s (1973 to be exact), a wedding dress with ornate cotton lace over deep olive-green.
- Sheer chiffon is smooth in front, gathered below the empire seam at back to create a subtle, flowing watteau effect (see photo).
- Olive green underlayer at empire bodice and cuffs.
- Daisy-chain embroidery trims the modified bishop sleeves and under the scalloped empire bodice.
- Acetate underlayer with horsehair trim and buckram lining for shape.
- Nylon back zip with top hook&eye.
Worn just once, by our friend Susan G., at her 1973 wedding.
The color of the dress is a light cream. Not bright white, not yellowish.
Labels: only the size and care tags remain
Fiber/Care: unmarked, feels like cotton, polyester, acetate, and buckram, dry-clean only
Condition: excellent, and very clean, even the hem. there is fading at the underarms on the interior only. you'll want to repress before wearing, of course.
*This dress has been professionally dry-cleaned.*
bust: 32.5"/82.5cm plus room for breasts from vertical darts
bodice: 12"/30.5cm from shoulder to bottom of scallop
ribs: 29.5"/75cm under empire seam
empire waist: approx. 31"/78.5cm
hips: 38"/96.5cm (measured 22"/55.5cm down from shoulder)
length: 55"/140cm shoulder to hem
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 20 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Note to International Customers: You are responsible for any taxes or import fees.