From the late 1940s or 1950s, a two-piece patio dress in softest floral cotton.
- Exceptionally soft, light-as-air cotton fabric. I've never seen another patio set in a fabric this delicate and breezy. They are usually much heavier, even the gauze ones. This one feels heavenly.
- Pink and blue floral with touches of green and purple on a light blue ground.
- Top has short, kimono-cut sleeves and closes with a metal side zipper that opens completely at the hem edge.
- The three-tiered, full-circle skirt has a metal zip.
- Unlined and semi-sheer (we recommend a slip and/or crinoline, not included)
- Wear as a dress or individually as separates
- As seen in the DC Universe series Doom Patrol (season1, episode 6) on yours truly (see photos).
From my personal collection. Crinoline shown is not included.
This old news reel of Western styles shows similar ensembles, which were very popular in the 1940s and 50s, and were called Squaw Dresses (now considered offensive), Fiesta Dresses, or Patio dresses. Most consisted of two pieces.
Labels: Porters Frontier Fashions (famous Western wear shop), Alberta (Arizona manufacturer)
Fiber/Care: no labels, all cotton / washable (we recommend cool water and placing pieces separately in net bags to avoid damage, hang or dry flat)
Condition: Slight color shift across the upper back (if I'm not imagining it) and along upper part of skirt waistband. Small hole in top tier of skirt and another that's backed by the seam at the top right shoulder (see photo). Patch with smidgeon of seam allowance, if desired.
*This patio dress is freshly laundered and ready to wear.*
at hem/hip: 38"/96.5cm
length: 28"/71cm with 2"/5cm hem
hem sweep: 258"/655cm (yes, really)
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: Significant shipping overages (where applicable) will be refunded. International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~