Lovely cobalt blue print dress from the late 1950s or early 60s.
- The pattern is an "almost paisley," somewhat ethnic floral print.
- Pleated surplice empire bodice, underbust bow.
- Kimono-cut three-quarter sleeves.
- Princess seams into straight skirt with inverted kick pleat.
- Matching belt.
- Partially lined, with pinked seams and lingerie stays.
- Closes at back with long, metal zipper and top hook&eye.
- From the marvelous Jamieson estate, spanning two centuries in style.
Labels: R&K Originals For the Girl Who Knows Clothes
Fiber/Care: unmarked, burn tests as silk and feels heavenly, dry-clean
Condition: almost, but not absolutely, perfect. the hem was let down long ago, and in spots the original stitch holes are visible on close inspection. there is slight fading along the left side. lining has color shift. see photos. flaws are inconspicuous.
*We've had this dress professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
bodice (to empire seam): 11"/28cm
bust: 36"/91.5cm + > 2"/5cm
at empire seam: 34"/86.25cm
at natural waist: 30"/76cm (cinch with belt)
Gently clipped for photos to better fit Delphine.
(BDV SKU: 00419-044)
Note: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees. BDV has no way to predict or estimate these costs.