From the 1940s, a lovely shirtwaist dress in jet black velvet.
- Soft, super-lush fabric is smooth on the inside.
- Side seam pockets!
- Front placket with 7 rhinestone-centered buttons, a snap under the collar, and a hook&eye at the waist.
- Bracelet-length, no-cuff sleeves.
- Gently full skirt has gathers at front hips but seams for slim, smooth silhouette at back.
- Pinked seams.
Labels: Addy's - Oakland, California
The one advertisement we found for this shop is from 1948 (see photos).
Fiber/Care: no tags, feels like silk velvet, could be a rayon blend / dry-clean
Condition: no flaws to note. the buttons are true-vintage replacements (we've provided a spare on the interior seam allowance, just in case). original belt is missing (ours, which is quite tiny, is not included).
*We've had this vintage shirtwaist dress professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
(note that all the buttons and the hook&eye at the waist could be moved easily to create another inch of room)
bodice length: 16.5"/42cm
hips: up to 50"/127cm
length: 46"/116.5cm + 3"/7.5cm hem
hem sweep: 60"/152.5cm
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.