10s Antique Dress in Black and White Striped Cotton
From the 1910s (our best estimate is 1914), a soft, comfortable dress in semi-sheer black cotton with a delicate white stripe.
- Slightly raised waist as was the fashion
- True surplice (crossover) front design
- It's not metallic, but it has a slight metallic look to it
- Closes with a series of hooks&eyes and snaps along the bodice front, waist, and upper part of the skirt
- Ruffle detail
- Bodice has multiple vertical tucks (see photo)
- Unlined. You'll want (I would imagine) to wear something underneath for modesty, whether traditional 1910s underthings, a modern slip, or even leggings
- From my personal collection
Photos of the dress in action were taken while shooting an indie film for a local direction. We shot in a purportedly haunted mansion. The mirror did not have cracks when I took the selfie! If you're interested in reading about my adventures as a movie extrra, click here and here.
Fiber/Care: cotton / it's gently washable -- I recommend cool water and a net bag to protect it, even on gentle cycle, if you use a washer. roll gently in a towel to remove excess water and then lay flat to dry, and steam or iron if needed
Condition: pretty great for just nearly 110 years old. there are a few tiny glitches, none worse than those shown, and you have to hunt for them. overall, the dress is sound and sturdy, and completely wearable.
*This antique dress is clean and ready to wear.*
- note that the buttons and snaps can be easily moved, anywhere along the entire placket including at the bust and waist, to make the dress more snug or to gain at least 3"/7.5cm -
bodice length: 15"/38cm to top of waist band
bust: 36"/91.5cm and up to at least 40"/101.5cm or more
waist: 29"/73.5cm and up to at least 33"/84cm or more
hips: max. about 50"/127cm
length: 51"/129.5cm with a 5"/12.5cm hem allowance
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.