20s Beaded and Fringed Flapper Dress - sm, med
From the 1920s, a flapper dress in black crepe with lots of beading and fun fringe. We'll include a mostly modern, coordinating headpiece, as shown.
- Generously beaded with art deco designs front and back
- Satin trim around neckline and along edges of not-too-open, peek-a-boo, elbow-length sleeves
- Fun fringe trims the skirt from the drop waist to the knee.
- Fabric is substantial enough to be opaque without a slip
- Closes along the top of the shoulders with snaps
- Headpiece consists of modern beaded headband with feather + sparkly faux gem embellishment to clip wherever you please
Fiber/Care: crepe is probably rayon, as it's in strong, wearable condition with tell-tale "rayon" fading, but feels like silk / dry-clean
Condition: presents beautifully, strong and wearable (of course you'll want to be careful). few if any missing beads. some gentle fading to a very deep brown, but overall still jet black. the fringe may be a later addition, and the dress may have been taken up. strangely, there is some underarm fading under the right arm, but not the left. perhaps she held her drink in her left hand and kept her right arm at her side?
*This 20s flapper dress is clean and ready to wear.*
(only the snaps closest to the neck currently open, as someone has taken a few stitches to secure the others closed. I had no trouble getting the dress on or off (even over leggings and t-shirt). I'm 117 lbs, 5'5.75", not petite or slight, and measure ~b36/w26/h36. If you're in that range, it should work find for you as is. To make it even easier, just snip the stitches and the snaps will be functional again)
shoulders (slightly dropped): 16"/40.5cm
sleeves: 11"/28cm (reach the elbow)
bust: 42"/106.5cm (remember it's meant to fit loosely)
at the natural waist: 41"/104cm
at the top of the first row of fringe/hips: 40"/101.5cm
length: 37"/94cm + 2"/5cm hem
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.