30s Dress, Belt & Bolero Set in Light Blue Silk Chiffon - xs, sm
From the 1930s, a dress and tie-front bolero set in pale blue silk.
- Dress has lace upper bodice and cap sleeves, multiple rows of strategically placed, oh-so-flattering stitching typical of art deco era frocks, closes at side with snaps plus a hook&eye at the waist
- Self-fabric belt with rhinestone buckle fits through thread loops
- Matching tie-front bolero has bat wing sleeves and soft, integral lapels
- Very sheer -- you'll need something underneath (our bright blue 50s slip shown underneath is not included, but any full slip or a cami+slip combo will work)
Labels: none - appears to be home sewn with skill and plenty of hand stitching
Fiber/Care: no tags, all silk / can be gently hand or machine washed (cold water, use a bag, remove the buckle before laundering the belt!), flat dry, then steam
Condition: color shift and fading throughout, underarm darkening, a few spots, and a few teeny tiny holes. still strong and wearable, although we advise using caution and treating it delicately. the dress could definitely be dyed any darker hue, but would be fine to wear as is if you're not a perfectionist. there are some stones missing from the belt buckle, but the main, large one is there. presents nicely. price reflects imperfections.
*This dress, jacket, and matching belt set is freshly laundered and is ready to wear.*
THE BLUE 1950s SLIP SHOWN BENEATH THE DRESS IN THE PHOTOS IS NOT INCLUDED. ANY FULL SLIP OR CAMI/SLIP COMBO WILL WORK FOR MODESTY.
* There's some give to the chiffon, but you will not want to wrestle yourself into this one, so your body measurements, in whatever undergarments you plan to wear, should be at least a bit smaller than the dress. *
bodice length: 15"/38cm
hip (at lowest point of stitched detail): 36"/
length (no allowance):
hem sweep: 84"/213.25cm
1.75"/4.5cm wide x 32"/81.25cm long
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.