From the 1930s, a sleeveless gown and embellished jacket set, in a muted purple shade.
- Sleeveless gown features sexy ruched gathers at shoulders and along bodice front, with deep V-neck front and back, defined waist typical of the era.
- Gown is unlined, with side metal zip closure.
- Long sleeved jacket features beautifully textural botanical embroidery in soft blue and metallic gold at front, and curved hem edge.
- Jacket is partially self-lined, with interior frills to create poof at sleeve cap. It closes with a metal front zipper.
Fiber/Care: rayon gown and jacket, embroidery appears to be of wool and and metallic threads / dry-clean only
Condition: Wounded, but strong and wearable. The dress has two small repairs at the skirt's center front, a few on the sleeves, and diffuse discoloration, mostly toward the hem. Jacket is in good shape, with a small repair to the lower left arm and fading down the length of the outer arms. The dress's hem is down, and we'll leave it to the buyer to hem it to her preferred length. There are thread belt loops, but no belt remains.
*This 1930s gown and jacket set survived our local cleaner's standard, non-specialty dry-cleaning.*
bodice length: 19"/48.25cm
waist: 35"/89cm (to be belted smaller, as desired)
hips (at 9" below waist): 46"/116.5cm
total length (unhemmed): 54.5"/138.25cm
at hem/waist: 34"/86.25cm
- The ensemble is shown on dress forms Cecelia (slim, dress is clipped to fit her better) and Beryl (fuller-figured), whose individual measurements are shown on the photos -
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~