1930s silk dressing gown.
- Substantial fabric allows it to easily double as an evening dress.
- The color is a rich, deep raspberry.
- The bodice, upper back, slightly puffed sleeves, cuffs, and matching belt all feature ornate quilted detailing that resembles trapunto.
- Bodice closes with snap at neck, then a row of (surprisingly easy-to-maneuver) covered buttons and loops.
- Skirt secures with interior and exterior snaps.
- Cut on the bias to skim and flatter the body, the skirt has one godet insert.
- Slight train.
- Wear this luxurious piece of clothing and feel like a Hollywood starlet.
From the (living) estate of our fun and stylish friend Barbara H. (age 77). Belonged to her grandmother.
Labels: none - custom made
Fiber/Care: silk, dry-clean only
Condition: two of the buttons are missing, the silk on the buckle has split, there are some tiny scattered stains (not noticeable) and holes along the lower portion of the skirt (see photos). we've had to reattach one snap that pulled loose.
*This robe has been professionally dry-cleaned and is ready to wear.*
waist: 33" (adjust smaller with belt)
skirt front length: 39.5"
total length: 57" measured on back
belt: 2" wide x 37" long
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 20 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Note to International Customers: You are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~