From the 1930s, a long-sleeve, rayon crepe dress in deep magenta on navy blue.
- Color is darker and more subdued (less bright, more rich) than it appears in the photos. There is less of a bright-pink tone and more of a purple-navy tone, overall. The first photo comes closest to reality.
- Long sleeves with lower arms slim enough to require zippers.
- Opens with side zipper, plus functional covered-button front placket with wonderful "integral" button loops.
- Neck ties with ruffly detail at edges can be worn in a bow, as shown, looped to hang longer, or left loose.
- Bias cut to skim your curves. Feels really good.
- Suitable for those who dress modestly.
Labels: if there ever were any, they are long gone
Fiber/Care: rayon crepe / dry-clean
Condition: Depending on your restoration/repair/sewing skills and tolerance, you can give this dress a whole new life. Or, you can put it on over a dark slip and wear it as is (as I'm doing in the real-person photos). I would not recommend jitterbugging, as you may end up unintentionally naked. But if you're careful, it should survive at least a few wearings without further damage. Belt loops but no belt, and I wore it without one, but you can add one to match or contrast. It's a beautiful wounded bird and priced accordingly.
*This 1930s dress is clean and ready to wear.*
(there's some give to the crepe fabric, but I wouldn't strain it too much)
shoulders: 13"/33cm (but it isn't narrow, as your shoulders actually sit partway into the sleeve itself)
bodice length: 16"/40.5cm
bust: up to 36"/91.5cm
waist: up to 31"/78.5cm (or cinch tighter with your own belt or ribbon)
length: 47"/119.25cm with 1.5"/3.75cm hem
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees. Due to its somewhat fragile condition, this item is NOT returnable. Please double-check the measurements provided against your own (or something similar that fits you), and ask questions you have prior to purchase. Thank you.