From the late 1940s or early 1950s, an extra-flattering house dress to wear just about anywhere.
- Soft dove gray cotton with bright white eyelet trim
- Bodice with yoke detail, kimono-cut short sleeves, and subtle pleats front and back for ease is flattering and comfortable
- Defined waist for shaping
- A-line skirt is super slimming and comfortable, with two roomy patch pockets
- Full front button placket for easy in and out
Labels: A Fortune Fashion (of Valencia by D/C Fabric)
Valencia cotton fabric was popular in the 40s and 50s and was sold by the yard for home sewing as well as being made into ready-to-wear clothing for men, women, and children. Its main selling point was its colorfastness and durability.
Fiber/care: smooth, soft 100% cotton / washable
Condition: slightest bit of color shift at the top of the shoulders
*This vintage day dress is freshly laundered and ready to wear.*
bust: up to 36"/91.5cm (there are subtle pleats at the bust for ease)
bodice length to lower seam: 16.75"/42.5cm
hips at lower edge of pockets: 40"/101.5cm
Note that you could gain at least 1/2" (or make it tighter) by moving the buttons anywhere along the length of the dress.
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.