1940s or early 1950s dress and bolero set.
- Beautifully made in a luscious, deep ruby (or call cranberry) red with a hint of magenta.
- Linen-texture fabric with a slight sheen.
- Silky matching mousseline-type fabric lines both pieces and creates a shadow stripe effect on the gently full skirt.
- Dress has a tank-style bodice with vertical darts, nipped waist, pinked and finely finished seams, full separate lining, and deep hems. Metal Conmar side zip.
- Bolero jacket has very short kimono-cut sleeves with underarm gussets, vertical darts, and gently floppy collar points (collarless at back). Closes with a single hook and eye, covered by removable self-fabric tie at the neck.
- Matching belt with leather backing.
Lola's accessories seen in the photos are no longer available.
Labels: only a sliver of a tag remains at the back neck edge of the jacket
Fiber/Care: unmarked, feels like silk or a silk/cotton blend, dry-clean
Condition: excellent. tiny glitch at seam edge of upper back (see photo), very minor underarm wear. bolero eye is a replacement with minor repair beneath. the belt is too small even for skinny Lola (see measurements, below) and it shows some wear. we've photographed the ensemble with our belt, which is not included.
*This dress and bolero jacket set (excluding the belt) has been professionally dry-cleaned and is ready to wear.*
- this set just barely fits Lola. she measures b: 32, ribs 27.5, w: 35.
the belt will not close on her at all -
bodice: 16" (40.5cm)
bust: 30" (76cm) plus about 2.5" (6cm) from darts
waist: 23.5" (59.5cm)
hips: 37" (94cm) measured on interior lining, 8" (20cm) below waist
length: 46" (116.5cm) from shoulder to hem on front
BOLERO JACKET -
bust: 31" (78.5cm) plus darts, measured with edges touching
length: 16" (40.5cm)
BELT - 1.5" (3.8cm) wide x 28" (71cm) tip to tip including buckle
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~