40s/50s Jacket by Townley
Gorgeous detail in a beautifully tailored mid-century jacket. Don't know if it ever had a skirt, but it will be plenty useful on its own, coordinating with just about anything in your closet -- from dresses and skirts to jeans. Feels wonderful on.
- Fully lined
- Functional pockets
- Double princess seams for shaping
- Piecing details at edge of shaped collar and at pockets
- Split cuffs to turn up or down as you please.
- Bound button holes with decorative buttons
- Union made in the late 40s or early 50s in the U.S.A.
Labels: Townley Muse's (Townley was a well known manufacturer of high-quality suits and dresses - Claire McCardell designed for them for years). Muse's was an upscale Atlanta clothing store from 1919 (see photo). Today it's building houses loft apartments.
Fiber/Care: no tags, feels like a wool blend (possibly rayon), with rayon crepe lining / dry-clean
Condition: no flaws to note
*This jacket is professionally cleaned and ready to wear.*
sleeves (to top of slit, to very edge): 24.5"/52cm, 27.5"/70cm
bust: shy 40"/101.5cm
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.