Beautifully made New Look party dress in jet black silk organza.
- Portrait collar.
- Slightly puffy sheer sleeves with two-button, turned-back cuffs.
- Shirtwaist bodice with covered buttons and multiple darts for shaping.
- Nipped waist opens from crisp pleats into full skirt (to wear with or without a crinoline - ours used in photos is not included).
- Attached inner full slip has zip and hook&eye front with adjustable button straps.
- New Look styling from the late 1940s or early 1950s.
- From the Starfire estate.
Labels: none - possibly home sewn with beautiful hand finishing and attention to detail
Fiber/Care: no tags, all silk / dry-cleaning recommended
Condition: only flaw to note is a slight bit of wear or discoloration at the edge of the collar
*This vintage New Look party dress is clean and ready to wear.*
INNER LINING SLIP -
bust: to about 39"/99cm at fullest, 37"/94cm across top edge
bodice length: 16.5"/42cm
total length: 44.5"/113cm (outer dress has a 10.5"/26.5cm hem!)
hem sweep: 115"/292cm
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~