This 1950s nightgown and robe peignoir set is typical of the high-quality, highly detailed work of pioneering lingerie designer Sylvia Pedlar.
- Gown features spaghetti straps, delicate lace, silky blue drawstring at waistband. Closes at back with three tiny shell buttons.
- Robe has flutter short sleeves, collar, and yoke in delicate lace above the plisse textured, loose-fitting skirt. Closes at yoke with four shell buttons and loops.
- Textured nylon fabric is crisp, cool, and soft.
- Color is a vanilla/candlelight white.
That light blue ribbon on creamy white makes this the perfect set to wear on a honeymoon or anniversary.
Click here to read the interesting history of the under-appreciated female designer of this highly collectible label, and see additional examples of her work.
Fiber/Care: nylon / washable (drip or flat dry recommeded)
Condition: two small spots at bodice (one on gown, one on robe) and one pinhole in plisse fabric at mid back, as shown in last composite photo
*This vintage peignoir set is freshly cleaned and ready to wear.*
Garment Measurements (of the nightgown):
- Measurements taken of the nightgown, lying flat. Robe is sized to fit over it comfortably, and is open and flowing below the empire bodice. Set is labeled a size 32 and appears to be true to size -
bodice length: 15"/38cm to empire seam
bust: 30"/76cm + cups to ~34"/81.25cm
waist: adjustable smaller from 26"/66cm
✏️ Our model, Cecelia the Dress Form, measures bust 33.5", ribs 27.5", waist 23", hips 34.5", and the nightgown fits her well once cinched at her waist.
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.