Beautifully textured New Look hat from the late 1940s or early 1950s.
- Wider-at-the front brim with low crown (platter, cartwheel, pancake style)
- Highly textured creamy white "straw"
- Rusty red, wide velvet ribbon around brim ending in a bow at front
- Additional red velvet at interior supports brim
- V-shaped adjustable clamps secure hat to the head
- Inner grosgrain band, smooth lining at interior crown
Labels: The May Company (department stores, in business 1877-2005)
Materials: synthetic straw with lots of texture, rayon velvet ribbon
Condition: presents beautifully with exterior in very good to excellent condition, some darkening to edge of straw near crown on interior only (does not show).
- one size fits nearly all as the hat sits atop the head -
max. 14"/35.5cm wide side to side,
max. 12.5"/31.75cm deep front to back, as measured underneath
crown is 2"/5cm tall
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.