40s Black Cotton New Look Dress - sm, med
From the late 1940s or early 1950s, a "New Look" shirtwaist style dress with full circle skirt.
- Cotton lace trims the jewel neckline, princess seams, and pagoda-style sleeves
- Basque waist
- Super full, more-than-a-full-circle skirt to wear with or without your fluffiest crinoline (ours not included)
- Comfortable, washable cotton fabric is true black (some photos lightened)
- Metal side zipper plus front snaps hidden behind nine decorative glass buttons
- Extra-deep hem (7.5")
Fiber/Care: all cotton / washable (line or flat dry)
Condition: minor fading and age-related wear, but dress is jet black. one old repair to right sleeve as shown.
*This vintage dress is freshly laundered and ready to wear.*
bodice length (at top of pointed seam): 17"/43cm
length: 53"/134.5cm + 7.5"/19cm hem (try finding that in a modern dress!)
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.