40s Black Velvet Wide Brim Hat With Crocheted Crown
From the 1940s, a dramatic black velvet hat with wide brim and crocheted chenille crown.
- Can be worn at different tilts/angels
- Somewhat manipulable, so you can arrange the look of it to suit
- Feels very nice -- soft and light to wear
- Stays put, even on Cracked Betty's smooth head, but you may opt to add a few bobby pins to the crown, or a hat pin, for extra security
- Made in the U.S.A.
Labels: MaynoR Hats (first advertisement we found was from 1939), and a label indicating it was made under fair labor practices (union label)
Dimensions: labeled a size 22-1/2
crocheted crown is pliable and collapses when the hat is not worn
brim ranges from 4.5"/11.5cm at back to 5.5"/14cm at front
max total width across is 15.5"/39cm
Condition: no flaws to note
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above.
THIS HAT IS LIGHT AND FLEXIBLE. IT CAN AND WILL BE GENTLY FOLDED FOR SHIPPING IN A PADDED ENVELOPE, TO SAVE YOU MONEY. If you'd prefer a box, please contact us for a quote. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.