40s Shirtwaist Dress in Blue Plaid - sm, med
From the 1940s, a slim cotton shirtwaist dress in blue plaid, with its original belt.
- Shawl collar
- Grosgrain ribbon embellishment snaps on and off (snaps hidden by collar)
- Short, cuffed sleeves
- Opens at front with six large buttons and a snap at the waist
- Matching belt
- Slim but not tight skirt with inverted front kick pleat for ease of movement
- Side seam pocket!
- Unlined but not sheer
- Cool and comfortable
- From my personal collection
Bonus fact: This dress was screen-worn in the movie "Hillbilly Elegy," directed by Ron Howard. See screengrab/photo!
Labels: none - possibly home sewn with care
Fiber/Care: no tags, cotton / washable (recommend hang or flat dry)
Condition: no flaws to note
*This 1940s shirtwaist dress is freshly cleaned and ready to wear.*
bodice length: 16.5"/42cm
waist: maximum 29.5"/75cm (cinch smaller with belt)
hips (9" below waist): 42"/106.5cm
length: 42"/106.5cm + 1.5"/3.75cm hem
belt - 0.75"/2cm x 31.5"/80cm total length
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old, unless otherwise specified. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.