Beaded evening or wedding purse from the 1950s or early 60s.
- high-quality, individually knotted beads and prong-set rhinestones
- shades of white, silver, and gold on a creamy off-white satin ground
- lined in creamy candlelight satin
- one interior slip pocket
- frame opens wide for easy access
- beaded, soft handle slips over most wrists (up to elbow)
- silvertone kiss-lock closure
- Made in Belgium
Very similar purse currently offered elsewhere for $145.
Labels: Rich's (defunct, beloved, Atlanta department store)
Materials: glass (and possibly shell) beads, prong-set rhinestones, rayon satin, metal frame
Condition: very good, with only minor signs of wear (slight darkening of satin where you'd hold it with your hand, signs of use on the lining). no bead loss. a perfect "Something old" (would make a wonderful bridal shower gift)!
max width: 7"/17.5cm
max height (no including kiss-lock): 5.75"/15cm
handle drop: 5.5"/14cm
handle width: .5"/1.25cm
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.