50s/60s Dress in Cotton Gauze - sm
From the late 1950s or early 1960s, a soft, comfortable day dress intended for active pursuits but suitable for just about any informal occasion.
- Semi-sheer cotton gauze
- Short sleeves with underarm gussets
- Vertical and bust darts for shaping
- Pleats at waist open to softly full skirt
- Unlined (you'll want to wear a slip)
- Closes at back with nylon zip plus a neck and a waist hook&eye.
We show the dress with and without a small crinoline, not included. Any belts or ribbons shown in the photos are not original and not included.
Label: Tom Boy by American Golfer, 1955-'64 ILGWU
Fiber/Care: no tag, cotton voile / washable
Condition: A few subtle stains hidden in the pleats; minor discoloration, seam strain and an old repair in the underarms (see photo collage). The original belt is missing. The previous owner took small tucks above the bust. These are easily snipped if you need a bit more room there. A lovely dress with minor glitches. Price has been adjusted accordingly.
*This dress is freshly laundered and ready to wear.*
shoulders: kimono cut, no seams
bodice length: 15.5"/39cm
length: 41"/104cm + 4"/10cm hem
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.