50s/60s Pettipant Slip
Perfect under skirts OR trousers, this "slip with legs" is known as pettipants.
- Beige is neutral under both darks and lights
- Smooth, cool nylon
- Lined lace trim is smooth on the inside
- "Pillow tab" detail at elastic waist join
- Side slits at bottom of legs and crotch gusset for comfort and ease of movement
- Union made in the U.S.A.
- From the late 1950s or early 1960s
Friends say these eliminate "chub rub," especially when going without tights or pantyhose.
Labels: Saramae, 1955-'63 ILGWU
We can narrow down the manufacture date of these pettipants from several clues, including the union label (indicating it was made between 1955 and 1963, and the existence of an RN#, the first of which was issued in 1959 -- thus, this slip could have been made only between 1959 and 1963! Fun with vintage math!
Fiber/Care: nylon / washable
Condition: no flaws to note
*These pettipants are freshly cleaned and ready to wear.*
waist: stretches from 20-32"/50.75-81.25cm
front rise: 14.5"/36.5cm
length (down side from waist to hem): 22.5"/57cm
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.