50s/60s Handbag in Purple Velvet
Deep purple frame purse from the late 1950s or early 60s.
- Gold-tone chain double handle.
- Spacious interior, with two open sections and a satin-lined center secured with a snapping clasp.
- Inside are a zipper pocket, plus one deep and two shallow slip pockets.
Labels: MM (Morris Moskowitz)
you can read about this well-regarded label, here, at Bag Lady University
Materials: feels like cotton velvet, there's cardboard or other stiffening material inside to provide structure, high-quality gold-tone base-metal hardware, synthetic satin lining, metal zipper
Condition: there is the slightest bit of wear to the velvet where the chain handle rubs at the top above each grommet. the bottom is slightly discolored from being set down. the bag is slightly warped from being stored empty, before we acquired it (see photos). it will likely regain its shape once filled with your items. we suggest storing it stuffed with socks, old stockings, shipping air puffs, or other acid-free/non-reactive materials (don't use tissue or other paper)
2"/30.5cm wide x 8"/20cm tall x 4"/10cm deep, with
6"/15.25cm handle drop
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.