From the late 1950s or early 60s, a dress and cropped jacket set in rich golden taupe satin.
- beautifully made, with lots of hand finishing and attention to detail
- dress has princess and bust darts for shape, nipped waist, and sculptural skirt with buckram lining to hold its shape
- dress zips up the back
- separate matching belt with permanent bow, closes with hooks and eyes
- self-lined cropped jacket closes at back with covered buttons in hand-stitched bound buttonholes, yum
- very Marvelous Mrs. Maisel or early seasons Mad Men
Labels: none - appears to be home sewn
Fiber/Care: no tags, the smooth substantial satin feels like acetate or a blend, buckram skirt lining / dry-clean
Condition: a few spots here and there, as shown in photos. nothing glaring or conspicuous. may lift completely with targeted treatment, but perfectly wearable as is
*This dress and jacket set are clean and ready to wear.*
bodice length: 15.5"/39cm
waist: 25"/63.5cm (maybe a smidge more)
hips (9" below waist): 42"/106.5cm
length: 41.5"/105.5cm + 2.5"/5cm hem
belt: currently set at about 26.5", move hooks&eyes to adjust smaller or gain 1/2"
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~