50s Black Lace Longline Bullet Bra
Authentic 1950s (or very early 60s) longline, low-back bullet bra or bustier in black lace.
- Circle-stitched, three-part cups with supportive bottom panel and side boning create that perfect conical, sweater-girl silhouette.
- Low, squared-off back.
- Smooth, non-stretch straps with metal hardware.
- Five sets of hooks&eyes adjust to three settings at back for a perfect fit.
- Elastic at center back and beneath cups at front.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Tagged a size 38D, which means it would mostly likely work for a 36DD or a 40C.
Formfit was founded in 1917. This bra predates the company's merger with Rogers Lingerie in the early 60s to become Formfit-Rogers
Fiber/Care: unmarked, non-stretch nylon lace with sheer backing and elastic panels, hand wash
Condition: the former owner hand-stitched the straps in position at the adjustment hardware at the longest length (if you need to adjust them shorter, just snip her stitches), the paint on the adjustment hardware is worn off around the edges, the elastic is still bouncy and functional but not as young and snappy as it once was (then again, neither am I)
*This longline bullet bra or bustier is freshly laundered and ready to wear.*
- labeled a size 38D, so should work for 36DD and 40C, as well, if the waist will fit you -
(measured with hooks&eyes closed on the largest setting; smallest selling is 1.25"/3cm smaller)
around bust: 38"/96.5cm
around hem (waist): 31"/78.5cm
cups: 8.5"/21.5cm across,
9"/22.5cm top to bottom
side length (beneath arm to hem): 9"/22.5cm
Note that live model wears a size 32D and the bra is clipped extensively to fit. Cecelia the dress form is not very well endowed, and didn't do the fabulous cups justice.
(BDV SKU: 00534-009)
Note: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees. BDV has no way to predict or estimate these costs.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.