From the 1950s, a silk qipao (also called a cheongsam) Chinese style dress in glowing golden cream silk.
- Heavy silk satin, with silk crepe de chine lining
- Traditional dragon and phoenix design heavily embroidered in beads and sequins (love the tiny dragon's red pupils!)
- Double bust darts and front and back princess seams for shapely fit
- Closes with hook&eye at mandarin collar, multiple snaps along collar base, across shoulder, and above metal side zip, which is hand placed
- Completely hand finished
- Beautifully made in Hong Kong
Fiber/Care: no tags, all silk / dry-clean only
Condition: Signs of wear to the interior (underarm discoloration, some splitting of silk lining at back of neck and a few stress points), exterior has a couple of small spots and a bit of discoloration near the hem. Minor bead loss at collar. It presents beautifully and is very high quality. Would make a unique wedding or reception dress.
*This dress has been professionally dry-cleaned and is ready to wear.*
shoulders: 16"/40.5cm to outer edges
bust: 36"/91.5cm + plus room from darts for breasts
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.