Authentic vintage "wiggle" dress from the 1950s in golden olive raw silk fabric.
- Constructed with dressmaker details
- Slim shirtwaist styling features stand-up, cross-over neckline, eight covered-button placket with hand-finished bound buttonholes (yum)
- Three-quarter, kimono-cut sleeves with underarm gussets and elbow darts
- Subtle blouson bodice
- Waist has slim elastic on the interior, but appears smooth and tailored on the exterior
- Hip darts for smooth shaping. Back slit for ease of movement
- Pinked seams
Note that the color of this dress is sophisticated and elegant. Golden olive is what comes to mind, but it could also be described as a cross between gold, olive-green, and a mustard yellow-brown. The silk (or silk-like fabric) gives it a rich sheen. It would look great with dark-brown lizard accessories, such as this handbag.
Labels: none - appears to be home sewn with skill
Fiber/Care: unmarked, burn test positive for silk, although it may be a rayon blend, dry-clean
Condition: no flaws to note. hem was taken up 1"/2.5cm by previous owner. we closed an open seam at the back of the skirt.
*We've had this dress professionally dry-cleaned and it is ready to wear.*
bodice (blouses over slightly): 20"/50.75cm
waist: hooks&eyes at 26"/66cm and 27"/68.5cm, but
easily removed and placed at up to 28"/71cm
hips (9" below waist): 38"/96.5cm
hem: currently 3.5"/8.5cm, was originally 2.5"/6cm
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.