Iconic 50s dress in jet black with velvet detail at nipped waist. Extra-low, squared-off back for a dramatic exit. Easily goes from office to cocktails with a change of accessories.
- Kimono-cut short sleeves with underarm gussets.
- Three velvet ribbon insertions highlight the waist.
- Wiggle silhouette with straight skirt.
- Inverted pleat at center back hem.
- Unlined, with pinked seams.
- Metal zipper back closure with three hooks&eyes, concealed by velvet bows.
A high-quality dress from the Housley collection and the 1950s.
Labels: Saks Fifth Avenue
Fiber/Care: no tags, feels like rayon or possibly even a fine wool blend / dry-clean
Condition: no flaws to note
*We've had this 1950s little black dress professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
bust: approx. 37"/94cm plus some room from the vertical gathers
bodice length: 16.5"/42cm
ribs (at top velvet ribbon): 30"/76cm
skirt length: 24.5" with 4.75" hem (was taken up 2" at some time in the past)
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.