Stay stylish while you're expecting (and in the months after baby arrives), in this light-blue maternity set from the 1950s.
- Swing top features wide roll-style neck, lace embellishment with prong-set rhinestones, very short sleeves, functional (fairly deep) besom pockets, and small shoulder pads
- Skirt has front cut-out with adjustable ties so it can accommodate your changing figure, back inverted walking pleat
- Both pieces are unlined and beautifully finished, inside and out
- Versatile set can be split up and worn with other separates
- Iconic mid-century, "I Love Lucy" style
Labels: Make Mine a McKettrick maternity
Fiber/Care: no label, burn test suggests linen-look rayon / dry-cleaning recommended
Condition: No flaws to note. The skirt was taken in 0.5"/1.25cm on either side seam, at some time in the past. The fabric was not cut, and the skirt could be let out again to return it to the original dimensions, making it 1"/5cm larger) down the entire length of the skirt (I can do this for you if you want, for a small fee -- just ask when you purchase).
*We've had this vintage maternity outfit professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
(best for a pre-pregnancy size small or smallish medium; numbers in parentheses indicate measurements if alterations were to be let out)
just above pockets- 56"/142.25cm
at edge of hem- 72"/ 182.75cm
length, maximum, on front- 28"/71cm
SKIRT most important measurement is hips, as waist/belly is adjustable
waist- minimum ~26"/66" and expanding with belly, up to ~58(59)"/147.25(150)cm
hips, below belly cut-out- 42(43)"/106.5(109)cm
length- 28"/71cm on center back (longer in front), plus 3"/7.5cm hem allowance
hem sweep- 50(51)"/127(129.5)cm
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old, unless otherwise specified. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.