From the 1950s, an elegant party dress in semi-sheer flocked organza over soft pink lining.
- Velvet cuffs, cummerbund at nipped waist, and neckline trim.
- Very full skirt to wear with or without a crinoline (ours shown in all but one of the photos is not included).
- Puffy sleeves can be pushed up to elbow length or worn longer and slimmer.
- Gorgeous low, squared back neckline.
- Metal back zipper with hook&eye at top.
(Vintage glass faux pearl necklace is not included but available for purchase. Please inquire if interested.)
Labels: only a vintage size tag and what appears to be the remnants of an ILGWU label remain
Fiber/Care: unknown, although dress and lining both feel and burn like silk, but could be blend / dry-clean
Condition: no flaws to note except that it appears there may have originally been more sparkle to the flocking
*This dress is clean and ready to wear, though it could use a (better) professional steam before your big event (don't press velvet!) *
sleeves (cuffed): 18"/45.5cm
bodice (at center of velvet cummerbund): 17"/43cm
bust: 34"/86.25cm + 2"/5cm from seams to about 36"/91.5cm
hem sweep of lining: 154"/391cm
For comparison, dress is shown clipped to fit Delphine the Mannequin who measures bust 33.5/waist 23, and unclipped (with a perfect fit) on the live model, who measures bust 35.5/waist 26.5-27 with a long torso)
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~