High-quality 1950s party dress in heavy mocha-brown matte silk satin.
- Graceful, banded neckline.
- Bracelet-length kimono-cut sleeves.
- Smooth, seamed bodice.
- Shaped, nipped waist has interior grosgrain band with hook&eye.
- Thread loops hold the matching belt.
- Tiny pleats open into an extra-full skirt to wear with or without a crinoline (not included).
- Luxurious, deep patch pockets sprinkled with hand-sewn jet black beads.
- Unlined, with pinked seams, a very deep hem, and generous seam allowances.
- Metal back zipper with top hook&eye and decorative bow.
This dress is a real vintage gem, with finishing and details you won't find today, at any price. How often do you see a 4" hem on a modern dress? From the estate of Dorothy E., a woman with some truly fabulous clothes.
Note that this dress coordinates perfectly with Dorothy's mocha crinoline, which was likely made to go with it. Contact us if you'd like both items. We're happy to offer the set at a discount.
Label: Hannah Troy Troyfigure
Read Ms. Troy's obituary here. Please note that this particular dress is not cut for "Petites," but is a standard "Misses" size.
Fiber/Care: unmarked, silk, dry-clean only
Condition: we replaced the thread eye of the hook&eye. the leather backing of the belt is a bit crackly. we found what looks like a very small discoloration on the interior hem. some of the pocket embellishments show wear in close-up photos but look perfect in person. no other flaws. this dress looks and feels nearly new.
*We've had this dress professionally dry-cleaned and it is ready to wear.*
- belt is marked size 10, equivalent to a modern U.S. 2/4. there are generous seam allowances -
shoulder to hem: 43"/109cm
hem sweep: 144"/366cm
For reference, model is 5'5", measures b: 35.5 (32D), w: 26.5, h: 35.5, and usually wears a U.S. modern size 2/4. Dress fits well and is not clipped for the photos.
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 20 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Note: Significant overages in shipping fees (where applicable) will be refunded. International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.