From the 1950s, a red and black plaid dress that's perfect for any cool weather special occasion.
- silk taffeta with a substantial hand -- feels great
- the black is jet black (no fade) and the red is deep and rich, not bright, not orange
- jewel neck and dropped waist trimmed in pleated self-fabric (very Victorian!) and velvet
- long sleeves with snap at each wrist
- full skirt to wear with or without a crinoline (shown, not included)
- unlined, with pinked seams and deep hem with hem tape
- metal back zipper
- suitable for those who dress modestly
Labels: Parklane Juniors
Fiber/Care: no tags, silk / dry-clean
Condition: Dress is crisp, strong, and sound. There are a series of small holes and worn spots at the right front of the skirt which are lost in the folds and, as you can see in the combo photo showing the area when held out in the light and as its worn, are invisible with a black slip (not included) beneath. Zipper is a bit sticky, but works fine. Be patient and gentle.
*We've had this party dress professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
bust: best for 34"/85.25cm or smaller, or up to 35" with small back
- note that this is a "junior cut," with somewhat narrow ribcage -
natural waist: 26"/66cm
at drop-waist ruffle (high hip): 32"/81.25cm
at hips: free/full
length: 43.5"/110.5cm plus 3.5"/8.5cm hem allowance
For reference, the dress is slightly big on Delphine the Mannequin and is clipped at her waist in the photos. She measures bust 32", ribs 27", waist 24". It is only slightly tight on me, and I measure bust 35.5", ribs/underbust 31.5" (the problem is the ribs).
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: Significant shipping overages (where applicable) will be refunded. International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.