From the 1950s, a lightweight vintage duster coat perfect for chilly fall and spring days.
- Slubbed, silk-look fabric of navy blue with shots of red, creating an indigo or deep purple plum shade
- Closes, if you choose, with a single button hidden beneath the collar
- Two deep besom pockets
- Fully lined in a silky, blue-on-cream lace print
- From my personal collection, and worn on-screen in Dolly Parton's "Christmas of Many Colors" movie (see photo taken at the shoot*)
Shown over a black, short-sleeved, silk shift dress from from the 1960s.
* For more on what it's like to be a movie extra, click here. 🎬 To see a running list of every production I've been in so far, with photos and all the wardrobe details, click here. 🍿
Labels: none - probably home sewn
Fiber/Care: no tags, most likely rayon / dry-clean
Condition: no flaws beyond a few stray slub threads here and there (just snip them)
*We've had this 50s duster coat professionally dry-cleaned and it's ready to wear.*
- Fits a range of sizes, depending on how you prefer your outerwear to fit. Please refer to measurements of the garment itself, provided below. -
bust (with front edges touching): 44"/111.75cm
approximate natural waist: 47"/119.25cm
at hem: 62"/157.5cm
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.