From the late 60s or early 70s, a day dress with 40s styling in navy blue with a bold, colorful print.
- Bodice has the sweetheart neckline and strong (unpadded) shoulders of iconic 40s fashions.
- Buttons and belt buckle in a honey-colored plastic resembling bakelite.
- Chain-link print in shades of red, orange, yellow, and white looks like giant knitting stitches, plus stripes.
- Knee-length straight skirt (just a hint of an A-line shape).
- Unlined, closes at back with hooks and eyes and a zipper.
Labels: Alta Moda (meaning "high fashion" or "couture" in Italian)
Fiber/Care: no tags, feels like a soft poly knit with good drape / washable
Condition: no flaws to note
*This vintage day dress is freshly cleaned and ready to wear.*
(dress fabric has some stretch in both directions)
bodice length: 16.5"/42cm
bust: 34"/86.25cm + room from gathers
hips (8.5" below waist): 48"/122cm
belt - 1.5"/3.y75cm wide x 30"/76cm long
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 30 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Notes: International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.