Impeccably sewn, high-quality skirt suit in grass green and sky blue stripes.
- Slightly cropped, swing-style jacket with three-quarter sleeves and notched collar.
- Three large, covered buttons with hand-sewn bound buttonholes.
- Bra stays and full organza lining.
- Straight skirt has hip pleats and darts for shaping, side metal zip with button-tab at set-on waistband, and full organza lining.
- Custom made in Hawaii in the 1950s or early 60s.
Labels: Ruth & Clara Waipahu, Hawaii
Fiber/Care: unmarked, feels like a silk/wool blend, dry-clean only
Condition: the top button has rust stains but is mostly hidden by the collar, there is a tiny hole at the bottom front and a few small, diffuse stains (see photos). there are a few miniscule nibbles (not holes) at the upper back of the skirt and a small stain on the front. the lining at the left underarm is fraying.
*This skirt suit has been professionally dry-cleaned and is ready to wear.*
- this suit is too big on Delphine the Mannequin, and has been clipped for the photos -
bust: 48"/122cm plus darts
waist (at hem): 51"/129.5cm
length: 22.25"/56cm shoulder to hem on front
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 20 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Note: Significant overages in shipping fees (where applicable) will be refunded. International customers are responsible for any taxes or import fees.
~ Proud member of the Vintage Fashion Guild ~