60s Skirt Suit
From the 1960s, a skirt suit with dressmaker details.
- deep rust or reddish brown wool in a flat, smooth weave
- rounded notched collar, four-button placket with bound buttonholes
- faux pockets with flaps
- side vents
- straight skirt with double darts front and back for a smooth fit
- well-made and high quality
- Union made in the U.S.A.
From the Shirley G. estate.
Labels: Designed by Mario Forte. Tailored by Handmacher, 1963-'74 ILGWU label
The Handmacher label, first used in 1940, was a division of Country Miss, Inc. which closed in 1990.
Fiber/Care: unmarked, wool, dry-clean only
Condition: overall good, with no obvious flaws. close inspection will reveal a few teeny moth nibbles/holes (you can see one on near the labels on the interior), the largest (3mm), which we've darned, were toward the back of the collar, and at the cuff edge of one sleeve (see 2nd to last photo). these minor flaws have been factored into the price.
*We've had this skirt suit professionally dry-cleaned and it is ready to wear.*
hips (at hem): 42"/106.5cm
shoulder to hem: 21.5"/54.5m
☞ Our items are not newly manufactured "vintage style" pieces. They are true vintage, at least 20 years old. Please read condition report provided above. ☜
Note: Significant overages in shipping fees (where applicable) will be refunded. International customers are responsible for any VAT/import fees.
- For help with sizing, please visit the FITTING ROOM.
- Ask us a question about this item.